Today we’re talking about one of the slickest design of the industry, Victorinox Swisscard multi tool.
In case you were wondering if you should continue reading…
If you’re into professionalism, knowledge, experience, and honesty, you’ve come to the right place.
I’ve been writing blog articles about tools (and especially multi tools) longer than I care to remember, and a bit of knowledge on the industry had to sink in along the way. I’ve worked in a multi tool factory, own a hardware store, and my personal collection is not too shabby also.
But I’m a guy from the people, and I do this to help out as much as I can with what I know. I always read a lot of user reviews before writing one of these, and check out what the customers had to say about the product.
The basic skeleton of my reviews
I like sticking to the winning formula, so let me share it with you real quick:
- We’ll start off with some basic product specs, the manufacturer was kind enough to provide via its product specification
- We’ll then scrutinize what we got by filtering it all through some user experiences. We’ll see some PROs and CONs, and decide which side tips the scale
- Lastly, I’ll give you my own opinion that will be based on all we just heard
It’s a simple method, thus even more amazing when it gives us all that we need to know in such short body of text.
Basic product specs
- New LED white light, 18,000 MCD
- Standard award winning reddot design
- Featuring 13 different tools: blade/letter opener, rulers, scissors, tweezers, magnifying glass, Philips screwdriver, ball point pen, straight pin…
- Made in Switzerland
- Lifetime warranty
I enjoy these kinds of specifications. Simple, informative and non-invasive. It’s not trying to convince you to buy it, rather just tells us what the product has/is.
Let’s see what the customers liked about this tool
In other words, let’s list out some of the PROs:
- I love how I can just put it my wallet and completely forget it’s there until I need it for something. And I need it quite often, more than I could’ve ever imagined when I first bought it. It’s about as thick as the four credit cards stacked together, which is more than fine in my book.
- I like the detachable tools, and some special functions like magnifying glass, or the LED light came in handy more than once. Great little tool and my sincere recommendation
- It’s a great multi tool if you’re constantly traveling like I do. Any other would be confiscated by the airport security in a blink of an eye because of the blade/s it surely contains.
- Not this one though, I just leave the little blade at home and carry the rest of it with me. It sure solved my airport problems, thank you, Victorinox!
- I would’ve immediately said it’s the best card multi tool out there, only if I knew any other card multi tool. But joking aside, it really is something. It’s very well made, which comes off as no surprise when Victorinox signed its name under this little gadget.
- It’s durable, and has a very nice set of tools. Plus, it’s compact and under my fingertips every time I need it. Great little multi tool
- The “letter opener” is actually a pretty sharp little knife. I thought the pen was there just to up the tools counts for marketing purposes, but it actually writes very well.
- The LED light is surprisingly bright, and it came pretty handy a few times. It won’t ever replace your Cyberlite or anything, but it’s great in a pinch. Nifty little tool
- I don’t know how I use to get through the day without this card multi tool. My co-workers are constantly in need of scissors for example, and I can swear someone is regularly stealing pens from our office.
- So, this guy comes in to save the day regularly, and I sure am glad I got it. All of the tools seem pretty sturdy and built to last, so I expect it to save quite a few days ahead
- First of all, yes, I am a female, and I love this little card tool thingy. It fits perfectly in my purse, and I’ve used every tool except the pin so far. I don’t get why that’s there, but somebody must be using it for something I guess. It’s very elegant looking, and I like the overall design. I don’t know much about tool, but it looks pretty solid to me. Congratulations to Victorinox for getting multi tools closer to female consumers, kudos!
- I’ve read tons of card multi tools reviews, and they were all right on the money! Great tool at a great price!
Now for some CONs:
The other side of the story awaits:
- It’s great, except for the fact that it doesn’t really have a knife. It features a letter opener that’s surprisingly sharp, but I would really like a real blade tucked in somewhere
- I wish it had a USB flash memory
- You have to leave the blade home if you want it to get through the airport security
With the overall Quality rating of 4.5/5, this is nifty little piece.
It’s a true little compact gem of a multi tool. Has a nice array of tools, and the quality of Victorinox products is guaranteed.
Just slip it into your wallet and go about your merry day until you need it. Then whip it out and prepare to be amazed.
Enjoy your new card multi tool and see you around.